Caitlin Martin’s three-part series on Maui and three favorite hotels begins here. See below for part 1, part 2 and part 3.
Maui, Hawaii, is a favorite island among many people, and on a recent visit—how could this be—I only had five days to discover it all! The second-largest Hawaiian island has beautiful world-class beaches, coral reefs, hidden hiking trails with waterfalls, cliff-jumping, luaus, the most gorgeous sunrise at Haleakala National Park, scenic coastal views, and farming in the upcountry. And I wanted to do as much of this as I could possibly do in five days.
The trip called for some strategic planning in the accommodation arena because I wanted to do so much in so little time, and in the end, I was thrilled with how well the trip came together—five days, three hotels and many activities later. The hotels I chose to stay in, in particular, were key in my effort to see so much. Napili Kai Beach Resort, The Fairmont Kea Lani and Royal Lahaina Resort were the hotels I picked, and I’ll tell you about what made each them, their activities and nearby activities great in the three parts below.
Hopefully, this series will help you check out some of Maui’s best areas, and inform your decisions regarding where to stay and what to do to maximize your Maui experience in a short amount of time!
For more on Maui, visit gohawaii.com/en/maui.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.