I’m at a conference in Barbados, and as luck would have it, there was just a big storm brewing in the Atlantic—which was originally forecasted to go right through this island! (That was surprising since Barbados is typically outside of the hurricane belt.)
Fortunately, the storm dissipated (update: it’s redeveloped; you can keep up using the app) but in all the early hype I learned about the Max Tracker Hurricane app from a colleague that lives in Miami. The app is free on both Android and iOS and powered by Max Mayfield, the former director of the National Hurricane Center. His team of meteorologists brings you the latest and most accurate information on developing tropical systems.
It’s super easy to use. You’ll see seven tiles when you open the app, with the largest at the top showing the most imminent storm threat. The others are “Tropics Watch,” “Local Radar,” “Watches & Warnings,” “Storm Tracker,” “Plan & Prepare,” and “Live Updates.” It really has everything you need to help keep you and your family safe.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.