Updated on August 1, 2020 (originally posted on September 25, 2018).
I’m sure you’ve heard that there’s a hurricane (Isaias) that will hit Florida later today and travel up the East Coast next week. I know, just what 2020 needs. Sadly, this is just the first of what could be many major storms as meteorologists have predicted an active Atlantic hurricane season, which runs annually from June 1st to November 30th.
With this week’s storm and more to come, I thought it was a good time to feature what is regarded as the number one hurricane tracking app.
I first learned about it two years ago while attending the SATW conference in Barbados and a big storm was brewing nearby. It was there that a colleague from Miami told me about the Max Tracker hurricane app. The app is free on both Android and iOS and powered by Max Mayfield, the former director of the National Hurricane Center. His team of meteorologists brings you the latest and most accurate information on developing tropical systems.
It’s super easy to use. You’ll see seven tiles when you open the app, with the largest at the top showing the most imminent storm threat. The others are “Tropics Watch,” “Local Radar,” “Watches & Warnings,” “Storm Tracker,” “Plan & Prepare,” and “Live Updates.” It provides all the information you need in one place to help keep you and your family informed and safe.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.