One thing business travelers do often is eat out. Until I got married, I didn’t cook a single meal in my house with the exception of occasionally popping something frozen in the oven or microwave. For that reason, one of my favorite things about going to see my siblings or cousins was getting to eat a home-cooked meal, which was something I longed for but just didn’t have time or patience for. Cooking from scratch is not only no fun (to me), but it also doesn’t make financial sense for someone who only pops in and out of their house every 1-3 weeks. That’s why I constantly ate out.
I know some people dream of eating out every meal, but for most road warriors that’s the last thing they want to do when they return home. Well, thanks to the many companies popping up that deliver pre-made fresh meals where everything has been sliced, diced and portioned, they can do it. I know the restaurants hate is since they are no doubt losing business.
Now business travelers can get online and choose a dish they want and have it delivered to their homes or their long-term residences in just a few clicks. One of the best companies—according to one of my friends that has tried them all—is Fresh Realm, which doesn’t require a subscription. They use a reusable vessel that will keep things fresh in case your flight is late. Everything comes fully prepped so you can choose meals based on the time you have, whether that’s three or 30 minutes. Some meals can be put it in the microwave so you don’t need to do much and still have a better-tasting meal than that frozen TV dinner.
Since Fresh Realm is so new, it currently has an offer that is almost too good to turn down. After signing up (you can even do it using Facebook or Google, so just two clicks), you’ll get $20 off of your first order if you use my unique link! (Full disclosure: After you make your first order they will credit my account $20 towards their services. Once you sign up, I suggest you grab your own referral link and send it to your friends and family so you get the credit.)
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.