Memorial Day weekend is fast approaching and I can’t wait as it’s my favorite weekend of the year! This holiday is the unofficial kickoff to summer and everyone in the northeast instantly gets happier, and why not—they survived another winter! AAA expects an increase of 1.5 million travelers over last year with 36.1 million people expected to travel at least 50 miles from home between May 22 and May 26, 2014. And I’m one of them. How about you?
There’s no place I’d rather be this weekend than Connecticut, going to barbecues with my friends and family and playing stickball. The highlight is always attending our hometown parade, which over the years has turned into an annual mini high school reunion as well as a way to publicly show respect and appreciation for those who have served our country. To reiterate my sentiments from my fallen soldier piece last year, thank you to all those who protect our beautiful country and let us live the lives we are able to lead. These soldiers deserve our gratitude—not just on Memorial Day but everyday.
I will post photos from the weekend here on Tuesday, May 27.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.