Memorial Day weekend is fast approaching and I can’t wait as it’s my favorite weekend of the year! This holiday is the unofficial kickoff to summer and everyone in the northeast instantly gets happier, and why not—they survived another winter! AAA expects an increase of 1.5 million travelers over last year with 36.1 million people expected to travel at least 50 miles from home between May 22 and May 26, 2014. And I’m one of them. How about you?
There’s no place I’d rather be this weekend than Connecticut, going to barbecues with my friends and family and playing stickball. The highlight is always attending our hometown parade, which over the years has turned into an annual mini high school reunion as well as a way to publicly show respect and appreciation for those who have served our country. To reiterate my sentiments from my fallen soldier piece last year, thank you to all those who protect our beautiful country and let us live the lives we are able to lead. These soldiers deserve our gratitude—not just on Memorial Day but everyday.
I will post photos from the weekend here on Tuesday, May 27.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.