Despite the unfortunate situation that has come with the fires in northern California, Mendocino County wants visitors to know that the fires are out and the area is gearing up for its next event celebrating great things it’s known for: wine, beer and mushrooms. Yes, that’s right: The 19th-annual Mushroom, Wine & Beer Festival kicks off November 3 and runs until November 12. This is a great time to show your support for this region and also enjoy a unique event!
At the festival, visitors and locals alike will get to know the amazingly yummy crops of candy cap, chanterelle, porcini, and hedgehog mushrooms, to name a few. (There are some 3,000 mushroom varieties, 500 of which are edible!)
Whether you’re a foodie or you just like to consume food and beverages, you’ll certainly appreciate (and crave!) what the chosen winemakers and chefs will be showcasing. In a beautiful redwood setting, it’s a chance to learn how to forage for mushrooms (if you like) and taste some of the best wines and craft beers around. Once again this year, the Mushroom, Wine & Beer Festival is sure to be a memorable experience.
Key highlights and deals at the event include:
- Fungi foraging and a food and wine gathering at Yorkville Cellar’s Annual Malbec and Mushroom Feast (November 4-5)
- First Homebrew Festival (November 4) celebrates beer and mushrooms in Ukiah
- Mushroom foraging in a variety of different ways and then have a selection of canapés at Mushroom Foraging at UC Hopland Research and Extension Center
- “Foray with Mario Abreu – Mushroom Walk for Beginners” with local expert Mario Abreu in a walk on the Fort Bragg coastal headlands (November 5)
- Winemaker dinners including: BARRA of Mendocino Winemaker Dinner at Crush (November 8), Wild Fish Winemaker Dinner (November 8), Little River Inn Annual Mushroom and Belgian Beer Dinner (November 10), and Maple Creek Winery/Artevino Mushroom Hike & Forage (November 11)
- Meet-and-greet with guitarist Alex de Grassi at UC Hopland Research and Education Center (Nov. 4)
- Live Mushroom Exhibit at Ford House Museum in Mendocino through November
As far as where to stay, hotel deals can be found at 25 local hotels just for this celebration. Check out Albion River Inn (30% off on an oceanview guest room), Brewery Gulch Inn (15% off on midweek rates with a two-night booking), and a complimentary third night free at Glendeven Inn.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.