Can you believe it’s already May?! April flew by for me and I’m pretty sure it’s because I traveled a lot and visited some pretty incredible places. I began the month by flying from Palm Beach, Florida to Las Vegas to take part in an M life press trip. One of the highlights, besides attending the Michael Jordan Celebrity Golf Tournament, was spending three nights at the Aria, which is one of the most technologically advanced hotels in the world — it was also the scene of one of the most risqué pool parties I’ve ever been to (photos here).
From there, I went home to L.A. for a week before heading to The Canada Media Marketplace in New York City. The Canucks always do an amazing job and I won the Northern Lights Award for Hot Spots 2012 for my feature on Toronto. BTW: They put us up at the Waldorf Astoria and checking in, I spotted Captain Sully.
After New York, I popped down to south Florida for the opening of the new villas at the Delray Beach Marriott and to see my dad and sister. I was only there for two nights before heading to Toronto so I could fly with my wife to Monaco. Although we flew coach on Air France we were treated like royalty (we flew business back). We even got transported from the Nice Airport to Monte Carlo via helicopter. One of the highlights there was having three meals in three countries in one day! Then Natalie and I spent three romantic nights in Paris. Two nights at Hotel Verneuil in Saint Germain and one night at the Four Seasons Hotel George V! Stay tuned to read more about these hotels.
We flew back to Toronto on Air France in style (photo above) and had a great home cooked meal by Natalie’s mom before flying back to L.A. so I could give a speech yesterday at the THIA conference.
How about you? Did you have a busy April? Please share your airport codes in the comment section below.
2013 Miles Flown: 53,930
Carriers: 10 (American, American Eagle, Air Canada, Delta, SWISS, SAS, Express Jet, United, Southwest, Air France)
Countries: 9 (USA, Canada, Switzerland, Germany, Denmark, England, France, Monaco, Italy)
States: 7 (FL,TX,CA, NY, MI,NV,GA)
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.