Happy New Year from chilly Florida! If you are following me on Twitter (@JohnnyJet), then you know I missed the California rains and the Northeast blizzard by just a few days. I’m actually upset about it too, because I love a good snowstorm (as long as I’m not traveling). This past week, I had quite an adventure myself. From New York, I flew to West Palm Beach to see my sister, then to Seattle (via Atlanta) to pick up a brand new Air New Zealand 777-300ER plane at the Boeing plant. It’s not just your regular old 777 either – this one has their highly anticipated new Skycouch and Spaceseats. That’s right – the Skycouch is the new lie-flat bed for economy class passengers. And you gotta see it to believe it. After the handover ceremony, I took the delivery flight from PAE to LAX and then hopped on another plane back to South Florida just in time to spend Christmas with my dad. It was a lot of bouncing around but nothing compared to the big guy in the red suit!
Here are the slideshows/stories of my trip to Seattle:
-Four Seasons and W Hotel
–Behind-the-scenes tour of the Boeing plant where I saw the 787’s final assembly line (Note: photos are normally not allowed but my group was granted access).
–Handover ceremony and delivery flight of Air New Zealand’s new $200 million plane.
YEAR IN REVIEW
Since this is my last newsletter for 2010, I thought I would share with you (as I always do) my final travel numbers of the year. In 2010, I flew 144,979 miles on 88 flights and 31 different airlines. I achieved my goal to making elite status on all three alliances: Star (United), Sky Team (Delta), and Oneworld (American) and I stepped foot on 20 countries (USA, Switzerland, Germany, Belgium, United Arab Emirates, Oman, France, England, Italy, Vatican City, Canada, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Russia, Estonia, Poland, French Polynesia, Scotland, and Ireland). I also visited 18 states (CA, HI, AZ, NY, RI, NC, FL, VA, GA, CT, CO, NJ, MI, PA, OH, TN, NV, WA) and was away from home 223 days, which is not enough when you love to travel but stinks when you live in Manhattan Beach, CA. Here’s my 2010 photogallery.
*PLEASE tell us what you think of this week’s newsletter!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.