This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
LATAM Airlines, South America’s largest airline group, is now offering two rewards credit cards within the United States. The co-brand LATAM Airlines credit cards offer a signup bonus worth up to 40,000 miles and other exciting perks that can make international travel easy.
Note: The LATAM Airlines Mastercard and LATAM Airlines World Elite Mastercard are distributed by Cardless and issued through First Electronic Bank. Cardless is a relatively new company (started in 2019) that specializes in retail rewards cards. LATAM is its first travel brand partnership.
The information for the LATAM Airlines Mastercard and LATAM Airlines World Elite Mastercard has been collected independently by Johnny Jet. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
LATAM Airlines Mastercard
The LATAM Airlines Mastercard (terms and conditions) is better for budget travelers as it doesn’t have an annual or foreign transaction fee.
In addition to being fee-free, you can also earn up to 3x LATAM miles on purchases:
- 3x on LATAM purchases
- 2x on restaurants and ground transportation (rideshare, taxis, and public transit)
- 1x on all remaining purchases
Additionally, 10% of the miles you earn count towards the LATAM Pass elite status requirements with the Qualifying Points bonus.
The initial spending bonus is 15,000 bonus miles after spending $1,000 within the first 3 months.
LATAM Airlines World Elite Mastercard
If you regularly fly on this airline, the LATAM Airlines World Elite Mastercard (terms and conditions) can be the better option. You pay a $99 annual fee. But, you’ll be able to enjoy additional benefits that can help you accrue more miles for award flights and enjoy luxury travel perks.
There is no foreign transaction fee either.
40,000 Miles Signup Bonus
You can earn 40,000 bonus miles after spending $2,500 within the first 3 months.
It’s possible to redeem these miles for LATAM-operated award flights. Partner flights through 11 associated airlines such as Delta Air Lines, Alaska Airlines, and British Airways.
Earning LATAM Miles
Your card purchases earn up to 4 miles per $1:
- 4x on LATAM purchases
- 3x on restaurants and ground transportation (rideshare, taxi, and public transit)
- 1x on everything else
You also receive 20% Qualifying Points on eligible purchases to earn LATAM Pass elite status.
Complimentary Upgrade Coupons
Cardholders also receive up to 3 Upgrade Coupons per year. However, this benefit is unavailable to customers with LATAM Pass Gold Plus elite status and above. Gold Plus members currently receive 4 coupons per year.
LATAM Lounge Access
Cardholders will also receive two one-time LATAM Lounge passes per year. You can find these VIP lounges in:
- Buenos Aires
- Guarulhos (Sao Paulo)
Mastercard World Elite Benefits
This card enjoys various travel and lifestyle benefits available to Mastercard World Elite credit cards.
Additionally, some of the perks include:
- Three months of free DoorDash DashPass membership
- 5% back on HelloFresh orders for future purchases
- $5 Lyft credit after your first three monthly rides
- $5 Fandango Reward when spending $20 on movie tickets
- Priceless Golf® experiences, including exclusive PGA TOUR® experiences
- Mastercard luxury hotel and resorts portfolio on-site savings
- Complimentary professional travel services
In conclusion, with international travel finally making a comeback, these LATAM credit cards can be helpful if you enjoy traveling to South America. Additionally, these cards make it easy to earn travel miles. However, you might also like access to complimentary upgrade coupons and lounge access without having elite status.
- The Best Citi American Airlines Credit Cards With Perks and More
- The Best Credit Cards With Travel Insurance Perks
- Cash Back vs Travel Rewards Credit Cards for 2022
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.