A new partnership between American Airlines and Uber marks a step toward a more streamlined travel experience—and it includes a few worthwhile perks for the crowd with AAdvantage status.
First up: the new reminders. When you book a flight on aa.com, you’ll now see a new option in your confirmation email that will allow you to set a reminder to book an Uber before your flight. This is seemingly helpful.
AA has also added some nice functionality to its American Airlines app that will help users locate Uber pick-up points at 11 airports:
- Charlotte Douglas International (CLT)
- Chicago O’Hare International (ORD)
- Dallas/Fort Worth International (DFW)
- Los Angeles International (LAX)
- New York’s John F. Kennedy International (JFK)
- New York’s LaGuardia (LGA)
- Philadelphia International (PHL)
- Phoenix Sky Harbor International (PHX)
- San Francisco International (SFO)
- San Jose International (SJC)
- Ronald Reagan Washington National (DCA)
“By working together, we can provide a service that allows customers to request their Uber ride to the airport in step with their itinerary and know where to meet their Uber driver after their flight lands,” said Scott Hinshaw, American’s Director of Partner Marketing.
As mentioned above, the news also includes some nice promotional offerings, namely:
- AAdvantage Executive Platinum members who hold that status as of March 1, 2016, will receive a unique code (in March) for up to $25 off their next Uber ride regardless of whether they have used Uber before
- Customers not currently signed up for Uber can get up to $20 off their next ride by registering with the promo code RIDEAA
- Customers using the AAdvantage® Aviator™ MasterCard® to pay for Uber purchases will earn two additional bonus miles for every $1 spent on Uber rides from February 7 to July 31, 2016
For more American Airlines convenience, check out today’s earlier post by Jason Steele.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.