Today Norwegian, the third-largest low-cost carrier in Europe, launched $65 transatlantic fares (including taxes), which might be the cheapest tickets across the pond ever.
The airline will fly 10 new routes to Ireland, Northern Ireland and Scotland this summer from Stewart International Airport (70 miles north of New York City); T.F. Green Airport in Providence, RI; and Bradley International Airport in Hartford, CT.
Norwegian will be the first carrier to provide European service from Stewart, with four routes to Belfast, Dublin, Edinburgh and Shannon. Norwegian’s new routes out of Providence, meanwhile—to Belfast, Cork, Dublin, Edinburgh, and Shannon—are the first-ever year-round European routes for Rhode Island’s largest airport. Norwegian will also operate one route from Hartford’s Bradley, New England’s second-largest airport, to Edinburgh. The flights will be operated by Boeing 737-MAX, which means single aisle with 3×3 configuration.
You can purchase tickets at Norwegian.com/us, but keep in mind that Norwegian charges extra for seat reservations, meals, drinks, and checked luggage. And if you want one of the $65 flights, you better act now because they are going quick (and are only available on certain travel dates). Below is a screenshot of a $65 fare from NY to Belfast (already gone).
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.