During Juliet Pennington’s stay at the Aria for the opening of The Park—see story here—she had the chance to go behind the scenes at Cirque du Soleil’s revamped “The Beatles LOVE.”
I had an amazing opportunity to take a behind-the-scenes tour of Cirque du Soleil’s “The Beatles LOVE,” which will mark its 10-year anniversary in July. In anticipation of the milestone, musical director Giles Martin has revamped the popular show, which is at the Mirage, from props to special effects. Each of the more than 2,000 seats had its speakers replaced, providing a fuller, clearer and more powerful sound. During the audio portions of the Beatles talking to each other, it feels like you’re in the room with them. Very cool.
Backstage, the wardrobe director explained how fast-paced and hectic everything—–from costume changes to makeup applications—is during the show. A few of the 65 international performers were practicing acrobatics during the backstage tour, and they seemed excited about the rebooted show, with one asking, “How can I not love coming to work every night? I mean, it’s the Beatles.”
I’ve seen “The Beatles LOVE” twice, but unfortunately, those performances were pre-revamp, so I am anxious to get back to Vegas to see the new and improved version—perhaps in July, for the show’s 10th anniversary, when a couple of special guests (hint: one’s name rhymes with “tall” and the other’s rhymes with “bingo”) are expected to be in attendance. Wouldn’t that be mind-blowing?
For more on “The Beatles LOVE,” visit cirquedusoleil.com/beatles-love.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.