Last week I was in New York City and I booked a room at the last minute on HotelTonight. I only paid $120 for a night at a solid four-star hotel right near Grand Central Terminal. I loved everything about my stay except for one thing: that I could hear my neighbors and, worse, the construction outside.
At midnight when I couldn’t sleep, I decided to do some investigating. It turns out that there’s an NYC government webpage that shows all of the active and proposed major construction projects at a given time in New York City (all five boroughs). If you’re a light sleeper, you might want to consider zooming in on the map to make sure there isn’t a project nearby before you book your next NYC hotel. It looks like my culprit wasn’t even nextdoor but in fact a couple blocks away, which is disturbing in itself.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.