Our gracious hosts put us up at the Omni Fort Worth Hotel, which is arguably one of the nicest hotels in the heart of downtown Fort Worth. It’s right across the street from the Convention Center so it’s a popular business hotel. There are 614 guest rooms so the lobby can get crazy when conventions are in town.
The rooms all feature a touch of Texas as well as natural linens, plush bedding with saddle blanket throws and stitched pillows. The hotel doors could use a sweep to block out hallway noise and the windows aren’t that soundproof so you can hear trains and motorcycles going by. But if you are a light sleeper, they offer white noise machines. I didn’t need it.
The hotel staff is friendly, especially the morning operator who couldn’t have been nicer over the phone. She sent up toothpaste within three minutes and then called back to make sure it was delivered.
There’s a Starbucks in the hotel lobby and a solid restaurant with a great breakfast buffet for $19. You have to love that the maids come twice a day and drop off two bottles of water each time.
In my notes I wrote that the bed pillows are just okay but doing my research, I see that the Omni offers guests a choice of three types of pillows. Maybe I should do my research before checking out.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.