Globe Life Park (1905 E. Randol Mill Road Arlington, Texas 76011) is home to the American League’s Texas Rangers. The Texas Rangers Baseball Hall of Fame, the retro-style ballpark, is located just 17 miles east of downtown Fort Worth, right next to AT&T Stadium, which is where the Dallas Cowboys play. The 270-acre complex includes a children’s learning center and a four-story office building. On the perimeter of the facility are a youth baseball park, a 12-acre lake, parks and recreation space. Tickets range from $14 to $191 and the park is beautiful. I was fortunate to visit one of the office suites thanks to Jamie Adams whose real estate company sells million dollar homes to many of the area’s athletes. His office suite is the nicest one I’ve ever been to and Jamie couldn’t have been a nicer guy. When he noticed I wasn’t wearing a Texas Rangers hat, he reached under his desk and handed me a crisp one.
In the park, everyone recommended the garlic fries or the two-foot kaboom stick (hot dog) but since I was being entertained, I went to State Fare and ordered a deep fried corn on the cob ($5). I was tempted to get a deep-fried twinkie or the oreos but I looked at my belly and ran from temptation.
My big complaint about the ballpark is that to find a men’s room, I had to walk what felt like a quarter mile and then there was the longest men’s room line I’ve ever seen. Tip: Don’t wait until the last minute to go to the loo.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.