Globe Life Park (1905 E. Randol Mill Road Arlington, Texas 76011) is home to the American League’s Texas Rangers. The Texas Rangers Baseball Hall of Fame, the retro-style ballpark, is located just 17 miles east of downtown Fort Worth, right next to AT&T Stadium, which is where the Dallas Cowboys play. The 270-acre complex includes a children’s learning center and a four-story office building. On the perimeter of the facility are a youth baseball park, a 12-acre lake, parks and recreation space. Tickets range from $14 to $191 and the park is beautiful. I was fortunate to visit one of the office suites thanks to Jamie Adams whose real estate company sells million dollar homes to many of the area’s athletes. His office suite is the nicest one I’ve ever been to and Jamie couldn’t have been a nicer guy. When he noticed I wasn’t wearing a Texas Rangers hat, he reached under his desk and handed me a crisp one.
In the park, everyone recommended the garlic fries or the two-foot kaboom stick (hot dog) but since I was being entertained, I went to State Fare and ordered a deep fried corn on the cob ($5). I was tempted to get a deep-fried twinkie or the oreos but I looked at my belly and ran from temptation.
My big complaint about the ballpark is that to find a men’s room, I had to walk what felt like a quarter mile and then there was the longest men’s room line I’ve ever seen. Tip: Don’t wait until the last minute to go to the loo.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.