There are a lot of hardworking people out there that can’t afford to pay a huge chunk of cash all at once. Yes, the most common way to do it is to use a credit card but for those that have bad credit or are just starting out, that’s not an option. That’s why Airfordable created its website/service last December.
Here’s how it works:
1. Submit your ticket
Find a flight from your favorite travel site, and then take and upload a screenshot of your flight details.
2. Lock in
Book your flight for a fraction of the cost upfront and pay the remaining balance in installments before your departure date. According to my buddy Grant Martin over at Forbes, “Airfordable charges a 10-20% fee based on the cost of the ticket and then automatically sets up a repayment plan. A $1000 ticket needed on December 3, for example, would incur a $130 ‘layaway cost’ and then $126.67 in bi-weekly payments through the date of travel.”
3. Receive e-ticket
Receive your e-ticket after your last payment.
What’s great about the service is that it doesn’t do a credit check so users can get a loan without going to the bank. However, I recommend setting fare alerts and signing up for deals newsletters so when your dream trip destination drops in price you can pounce on it for a fraction of the cost. Here are my tips for finding a cheap plane ticket.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.