Each Friday, we feature a reader-inspired tip as our Travel Tip of the Day. This week’s tip comes from Mari-Elain E. of Florida, who builds on last Friday’s tip by sharing a cool device to disinfect your phone with:
“You’ve mentioned tips about cleaning your cell phone with Clorox disinfecting wipes or isopropyl alcohol wipes. Even though Apple says you can do that, it makes me very nervous using a moist product on my expensive iPhone X. So, last year for Christmas (apparently with a premonition) I ordered PhoneSoap disinfecting devices for my family and myself. Boy, was that a great idea! Since the coronavirus, we have been disinfecting daily and even multiple times daily. UV light is the best sanitizer, very safe for your phones and takes only 10 minutes. I suggest that if you can afford it, buy that device.”
If you’re not familiar, the PhoneSoap phone sanitizer was featured on Shark Tank, where it drew praise. This CNN story notes that it is sold out of stock until mid-April, though it looks like there are options on Amazon. And in case you missed it, last week’s tip offers more help if you’re looking to disinfect your phone to stay safe from COVID-19. Thank you, Mari-Elain!
More COVID-19 tips
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resource Page for Travelers
- Use These Zoom Tips When Video-Calling Friends and Family
- A Trick to Get Your Money Back From Airlines That Canceled Your Flight
- The TSA Will Now Let You Fly With a Recently Expired Driver’s License
- What to Do If You Have Tickets to the Postponed 2020 Tokyo Olympics
Want even more travel tips? Sign up here for the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! Enter your email address and check “Daily Travel Tip” to receive Johnny’s best tips in your inbox each day!
If you already subscribe to our weekly newsletter, you can sign up on the same page. Just fill in your email and check “Daily Travel Tip” on the same page. You’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.