I don’t normally write about household products but this one is too good not to (and it’s semi-travel-related). One of my favorite parts of traveling internationally is trying exotic fruits. My favorites are mangosteens, rambutans, mangos, and pineapple. Fortunately, pineapples and mangos can be found pretty much anywhere in U.S. grocery stores (and rambutans here) so each time I take a bite of either it transports me back to Hawaii or St. Lucia.
Well, the other day, I decided to take a chance on a pineapple slicer and de-corer that was featured in Amazon’s “Today’s Deals” section. It had over 2,000 reviews and ridiculously high ratings and it was cheap ($7.99). So I took a chance and as you can tell, I’m glad I did.
The one thing I used to hate about pineapples is that they’re difficult to cut and expensive to buy pre-sliced. Well, that’s all changed thanks to this nifty device. Just as it’s billed, all you have to do is slice the top off, center the device and turn. It’s so easy that my dad can do it. It doesn’t take any strength to turn but you do have to give it a good pull to get it out. It really makes perfectly shaped rings. It’s so easy that it helps me take a virtual trip to the islands with even less effort. I even just bought two more: one for my sister and my mother-in-law!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.