Today’s tip is for the potential Alaska cruisers out there—and everyone interested in smooth traveling. It comes from my buddy Cranky Flier, who recently returned from an Alaskan cruise. As he writes in his trip report:
“The Port of Seattle—the entity that operates both the cruise port and the airport—has a fantastic free program where you can submit your confirmation number to the cruise line. They will print your boarding passes and bag tags onboard and deliver them to you in your cabin. The program allows you to pay for bag fees, but if you don’t have them (we didn’t thanks to the Alaska Visa), you can state the reason why and they confirm with the airline. Sure enough, Thursday night, we had in our stateroom four boarding passes and two bag tags with no charge. We just had to affix them to the bags and leave them outside our cabin Friday night by 11, and they would be magically transported to baggage claim in LA. I have no idea if other ports do this since I haven’t cruised much, but I can’t say enough good things about the program.”
Have you experienced a similar program in another cruise port? Share in the comments below!
Have your own tip? Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Want to see more tips? Click here for all 1,272!
Want even more travel tips? Sign up here for the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! Just fill in your email address and check the Daily Travel Tip box—and you’ll have Johnny’s best tips, straight to your inbox each day!
If you already subscribe to our weekly newsletter, you can sign up on the same page. Just fill in your email and check the Daily Travel Tip box on the same page and you’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.