Prata di Pordenone
Our Seabourn cruise ended up in Venice and instead of spending another night in the city we decided to see how the locals live in the countryside. Our friend (and contributor to JohnnyJet.com) invited us to spend the night in her extra bedroom in the small town of Prata di Pordenone. It’s an hour train ride from Venice and costs only $7 each way. Just be sure to wait in the Biglietti ticket line and not the Viaggi e Turismo. The latter was really a travel agent that had just one slow person working who charges an extra 8% to book your ticket. Meanwhile, the Biglietti line was quick moving and had no extra fees. It seemed like a scam to me since none of the tourists knew about the official line until some nice man told everyone.
Jennifer’s husband Tim is in the U.S. Air Force and they have a base with 5,000 Americans a couple towns over. The town she lives in has few Americans and we had so much fun walking around, going to the farmers market, grocery store, gelataria and restaurants. Here’s a link to all of my Prata di Pordenone, Italy photos.
12 Things You Never Knew About Italy
After walking around Italy with Jennifer I talked her into writing this great post on 12 Things you never knew about Italy. I can pretty much guarantee you this post will save you money on your next trip to Italy.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.