I’m pumped to spend some quality time with my boyfriend this week. We both travel for work a lot and the time we get to spend together is pretty limited. In fact, people laugh when I tell them that sometimes the best spot to meet up to spend quality time together is at the airport of whichever city we’re both passing through. Let’s be real: Date night at the airport isn’t always ideal, but it’s better than just getting to talk on the phone or see each other through video.
This week, the good people at Choice Hotels are treating us to some real facetime outside of the airport as part of a campaign that encourages people to connect in person. Choice knows it’s not always easy to make the decision to “go,” but that when you do, it’s usually the #RightChoice.
For us, “going” means we’ll actually spend some time together like real couples do, with a hotel near my boyfriend’s home in Kansas City. We’ll be staying at the Comfort Suites Speedway Kansas City, which is an all-suites hotel in a great location close to the Kansas City Zoo, Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, the airport (we’re coming in late at night from our flight so this is super important), and Kauffman Stadium, where the Royals play. My boyfriend has loved those Royals since he was a little kid, so I’m pumped to take him to a Royals game at Kauffman. We also hope to eat some great Kansas BBQ. Can’t forget the BBQ! The best part, though, will be just hanging out with him and doing things that involve seeing his lovely face rather than just a phone or video version.
Stay tuned to hear more about our Kansas City trip!
More on Choice Hotels
If you aren’t familiar with Choice brands: They’re massive, with more than 5,500 locations around the US. Their hotels include brands for business, leisure and group travel—like Cambria Hotels & Suites, Comfort Inn, Comfort Suites, Clarion, Quality, Econo Lodge, and Sleep Inn. You’ll probably find one of Choice’s 11 brands wherever you’re traveling. And, you can also rack up rewards points for free stays with their Choice Privileges program, and book through their mobile app or online at Choice Hotels.
Choice Hotels paid for my hotel accommodation. The opinions expressed here are my own.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.