Here’s a new app that can help save you money on hotels. With Pruvo, you book your desired hotel room on any website and at any price you like (just make sure it has a free cancellation policy) and then set up a free Pruvo account either on the app (Android or iOS) or website. Once you get your booking confirmation email, you forward it to email@example.com. Pruvo will then monitor your hotel reservation price 24/7 and notify you if and when the price drops so that you can rebook at the lower rate. Note: If you connect with Google and you use Gmail, your new bookings will automatically be imported to Pruvo so there’s no need to forward.
Once Pruvo finds you a lower price for the exact room, it will guide through the process of rebooking and saving money. In general, you want to rebook at the lower price first and then cancel your original refundable reservation. In an interview with Frommers.com, “hotel rates dip downward for 40% of the bookings Pruvo monitors. The average savings is 17%, though Pruvo has seen prices free-fall by as much as 70%.”
Pruvo has high ratings on both apps so it’s definitely worth downloading and testing out. Just make sure you book refundable reservations. Previously featured app DoNotPay offers a similar service, so if you’ve tried both, please let us know which you prefer in the comments below!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.