Want to go to Australia? This week, Qantas—the world’s oldest continuously operating airline—is celebrating its 100th year with a tremendous set of deals: $100 one-ways between the U.S. and Australia. In honor of the 100-year milestone, 100 of these fares will be released at 5pm ET/2pm PT over the next four days, starting today. Each discounted one-way fare must be purchased as part of a roundtrip ticket.
Each set of 100 fares will apply to flights between Australia and one U.S. gateway city. Today at 5pm ET/2pm PT, for example, the 100 fares will turn up in searches on the Qantas website for flights between Australia and Los Angeles (LAX). To find one, you’ll likely have to start searching right away, be ready to book, and get lucky. Once all 100 fares have been booked, they’ll be gone. The same will be true for the three remaining sets of 100 fares, released at 5pm ET/2pm PT tomorrow, Wednesday and Thursday. The remaining U.S. gateway cities will be San Francisco (SFO), Dallas/Ft. Worth (DFW) and Chicago (ORD).
More information on this Qantas sale, and fare restrictions like travel dates, will be available (and updated) on this deal page.
If you miss out…
If you miss out on the $100 one-ways, know that there’s another part of this Qantas sale. The airline is also offering incredible fares on roundtrips to Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane from all its U.S. gateways. For example, I just put a $695 LAX-SYD roundtrip non-stop AA flight on hold (AA is a Qantas partner). You can search for these fares using Google Flights.
Have your own tip? Email it to email@example.com!
Want to see more tips? Click here for all 1,582!
Want even more travel tips? Sign up here for the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! Enter your email address and check “Daily Travel Tip” to receive Johnny’s best tips in your inbox each day!
If you already subscribe to our weekly newsletter, you can sign up on the same page. Just fill in your email and check “Daily Travel Tip” on the same page. You’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.