I often get asked about travel insurance, which plans I recommend and how to purchase it. Generally, my thoughts on travel insurance are that if you’re spending a lot of money on a hotel, cruise, honeymoon, or safari, or you’re going far from home or travel often like I do, then travel insurance is worth purchasing. See more about the type of travel insurance I use here and for tips on purchasing travel insurance, check out this post.
Recently, I received a good question from one of my readers, Anita B., asking about travel insurance for seniors. Here’s her question and my response in case it helps you out!
I am heading to Rome this autumn and I am on Medicare, which does not cover services in Europe. I did buy Allianz Travel Insurance, which seems to be adequate but am wondering what you recommend for us seniors.
Thank you very much. I enjoy your tips daily.
— Anita B.
I spoke to my contact at Allianz and they said The Classic Plan from Allianz Travel Insurance is perfect for seniors as it offers excellent benefits and high levels of coverage. The Classic Plan offers up to $25,000 in emergency medical and dental protection and up to $500,000 in emergency medical transportation, including the cost of returning home after a serious illness or injury.
Allianz Travel Insurance Plans can be viewed online here or by calling 1-866-884-3556.
I hope this helps!
— Johnny Jet
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.