The plaque outside Big Fun fittingly reads that it’s listed on the National Registry of Hysterical Places.
From the extremely wacky to the mildly inappropriate, Big Fun is a “a warehouse of nerda-bilia and nostalgia.” Everything and anything from your childhood can and will be found. Don’t think there’s a store that carries that vintage He-Man lunchbox or Smurf figurine anymore? Think again because this is Big Fun, where somewhere in those mile high stacks is any collectable and classic toy you could ever imagine.
The most enjoyable part of Big Fun, other than taking an inevitable trip down memory lane, was meeting president and founder Steve Presser.”I’m in the business of making people feel good,” he said about his labor of love. “But I enjoy it so much that I really haven’t worked a day in my life.”
Presser’s larger-than-life, enthusiastic attitude has helped establish a devoted following despite being a small niche business. No place for novelty stores in a recession? Think again. The store is rarely empty and most of the customers are regulars. Big Fun’s success is a testament to Cleveland’s resilience. It’s like Presser said, “You take care of people, they’ll take care of you.”
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.