Each Friday, we feature a reader-inspired tip as our Travel Tip of the Day. This week’s tip comes from Sandra T., who offered a creative solution for anyone running out of toilet paper and struggling to find it right now (don’t hoard it, by the way):
“Think outside the box…and get a bidet. My daughter found this resource on Amazon: Clear Rear for $29. We are still awaiting the product. We only have enough TP until the end of this month. Just wanted to share with you, because you have such an amazzzzzing newsletter and you are always giving great advice to your travelers, and have over the years.”
Once you go to Japan and stay in a hotel with a Toto toilet, you’ll realize it’s possible to never buy toilet paper again. The luxurious toilets or “washlets” there are high-tech devices that do practically everything you can imagine. They feature heated seats and have warm water cleansing modes, heated air dryers, adjustable cleansing wands, and more. Some even have a wireless remote and an automatic air purifier!
Have your own tip for managing in these strange times?
Have a tip for people running out of toilet paper, etc.? Please share it in the comments!
More COVID-19 tips
- Use This Trick If You Want to Get a Refund for a Flight That Hasn’t Been Canceled
- Try the Airline’s International Call Centers If You Can’t Get Through
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resource Page for Travelers
- Use These Zoom Tips When Video-Calling Friends and Family
- A Trick to Get Your Money Back From Airlines That Canceled Your Flight
- The TSA Will Now Let You Fly With a Recently Expired Driver’s License
Have your own tip? Email it to email@example.com!
Want to see more tips? Click here for all 1,683!
Want even more travel tips? Sign up here for the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! Enter your email address and check “Daily Travel Tip” to receive Johnny’s best tips in your inbox each day!
If you already subscribe to our weekly newsletter, you can sign up on the same page. Just fill in your email and check “Daily Travel Tip” on the same page. You’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.