Each Friday, we try to feature a reader-inspired tip as our Travel Tip of the Day. This week’s tip comes from three readers, who left the comments below on my post Two Ways to Remove Beach Tar From Your Feet.
I almost didn’t write the tip because I thought it was too narrow but boy, was I wrong. I was pleasantly surprised by all the comments and emails, including three that really stood out.
It turns out there’s an even better and cheaper way to remove tar from your feet and one of the five people who suggested this remedy is an ocean lifeguard in L.A. County so this is a voice of experience.
“Just completed my 34th summer as an ocean lifeguard in L.A. County and yes tar can be problematic. According to the experts it’s naturally occurring from the ocean floor. Any petroleum product will remove it but my favorite is baby oil. Small bottles can be purchased at drug stores for convenience and a cloth or gauze to do the rest of the clean up. Smells pretty good and is safe.” ~ John
“I’ve had tar problems in Florida in years past. I used baby oil and it came right off. Probably any oil would work.” Lynn
“Tar is common on south Santa Barbara beaches. Baby oil works OK but takes a little work.” ~ Wayne
So there you have it. Next time you go to the beach, bring some baby oil and a cloth or wipes, just in case you encounter tar and get it stuck on your feet.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.