Bring Your Favorite Cleaners & Detergents
Each Friday, we feature a reader-submitted tip as our Travel Tip of the Day. This week’s tip comes from reader Dena D., who says:
“When traveling internationally, trust that although the country of travel has its own brands of cleaners and detergents, you may be more comfortable using your favorite brands from back home. If you’re staying longer than a week, pack a few Tide Pods and your favorite dryer sheets in a small Ziploc bag to do laundry on the go. (As an added bonus, unused dryer sheets can be tucked away in your luggage to keep it smelling fresh.) Also, be sure to bring a small container of liquid detergent for hand washing if needed, and a small container of Dawn or other quality dish soap to take out tougher stains. Carry Shout Wipes with you at all times in your daypack for emergency stain removal.
On a recent trip to the Beaujolais region of France, I managed to get barbecue sauce stains on a white shirt and spotted it out with Dawn and Shout Wipes. After a little elbow grease and a wash at the local laundromat, the shirt survived stain-free.”
A good one. Thanks, Dena!
- Reader Travel Tip of the Day: If They Don’t Have It, Bring It
- Reader Travel Tip of the Day: Portable Laundry Machine
Want even more travel tips? Subscribe to the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! All you have to do is sign up for the weekly newsletter by filling in your email address and checking the Daily Travel Tip box in the top-right corner of the homepage.
If you already subscribe to the newsletter, fill in your email and check the Daily Travel Tip box in the same top-right corner of the homepage and you’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile and you’ll have Johnny’s best tips, straight to your inbox each day. And don’t worry—it’s easier than it sounds!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.