More Curtain Help
Each Friday, we’re featuring a reader-submitted tip as our Travel Tip of the Day. This week’s tip, which builds on Monday’s tip on the subject of unwieldy hotel curtains, is a three-parter—and comes first from John D., who says:
“The hangers in the closet have clips that will keep the curtains closed too!”
And then from Brenda B., who says:
“A big binder clip could work too if placed higher up on the drapery panels, which I think would keep the bedroom dark. It’s lightweight, sturdy and no longer than three or four inches, and it would be easy to pack and help hold papers together before being repurposed in the evening.”
And finally from Fran, who says:
“I actually use binder clips, and carry them. My husband and I have an extensive travel prep list, sectioned off by domestic or foreign, and also by remoteness of location, and season. Many of these items remain in our ‘travel drawer,’ are small and can be convenient: luggage scale, portable massager, etc. I have also used an ironing board to keep curtains together.”
Great tips, and great collaboration. Thanks, John, Brenda and Fran!
Want even more travel tips? Subscribe to the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! All you have to do is sign up for the weekly newsletter by filling in your email address and checking the Daily Travel Tip box in the top-right corner of the homepage.
If you already subscribe to the newsletter, fill in your email and check the Daily Travel Tip box in the same top-right corner of the homepage and you’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile and you’ll have Johnny’s best tips, straight to your inbox each day. And don’t worry—it’s easier than it sounds!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.