I was up early this morning doing a travel segment on WGN Radio with host Bob Sirott. Bob asked about what’s going on with Spirit Airlines and all of their delays and cancelations. I quickly logged on to FlightAware.com to see the list of cancelled flights today.
Not only does it display all the canceled and delayed flights in the United States, but around the whole world. In addition, it shows which airports by origin and destination have the most delays and canceled flights. You can search two days ahead or look up the numbers for the day before.
I like it for travelers because it gives passengers an idea of what their travel day is going to look like.
If you want something quicker and with not so much data, then check out Flight Aware’s Misery Map. That’s right, they have a ‘misery map’ and as you can see from the screenshot above, Chicago was today’s most miserable airport thanks to bad weather.
The Misery Map displays the number of delays and cancellations at 17 of the United States’ biggest airports so you can see what the chances are of your flight(s) being miserable. Just click the airport you’re interested in and it will display the number of flights delayed and canceled and the airports with the most misery from the origin.
The good news is that I do have plenty of tips in case your flight is delayed or canceled so be sure to keep this post bookmarked. Also, here’s one bit of advice that you just need to read once and follow to save yourself further misery.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.