National Plan a Cruise Month comes to an end this weekend, and at least for one more day, there’s still time to book a great deal on a cruise. Through October 31 (tomorrow!), many cruise lines are offering amazing deals including free beverage packages, free shore excursions, credits for massages, and even free stays pre- and post-cruise. These deals can be found through a travel agent or directly through the cruise line. Why now? Travel agents are looking to boost sales to round out the year for 2015 and 2016.
Amid this cruise frenzy, a national survey of travelers by Novartis Consumer Health, Inc. has revealed that 63% of travelers or their travel companions have become sick while on vacation at least once. And so, a reminder: Travel insurance can help provide assistance onboard the ship, during treatment at a hospital in port, and beyond. I have an Allianz Global Assistance plan that I rely on and I’m also an Allianz brand ambassador. Check out the plan I have here.
More than 23 million people cruise each year and for all of them, there’s no better way to plan for unpredictable accidents—and prepare themselves to handle them—than the right insurance plan.
“Most ship doctors provide immediate medical care, but more serious emergencies require passengers to be transported to the nearest medical center for treatment,” said Dr. William Brady, MD, Allianz Global Assistance’s US Medical Director and Professor of Emergency Medicine at the University of Virginia. “During a cruise, it’s easy to forget that you’re far away from the nearest properly equipped medical facility. While you might be healthy, you can’t predict when you might break an ankle, suffer a heart attack or catch the flu either on board or during a cruise excursion away from the ship.”
The activities that are sponsored by a cruise line aren’t always covered, especially if an independent company provides your excursion. Next time you’re on a cruise, make sure you know that:
- The local excursion provider is insured, licensed and properly trained
- The reliability of the local excursion provider was evaluated
- How the cruise line and/or local excursion provider handles liability and injuries that passengers might sustain during excursions
If you nab a cruise deal before the month ends, be sure to let me know below. And don’t forget to consider travel insurance before you set sail!
For more information on Allianz Global Assistance and the policies offered for travelers, please visit allianztravelinsurance.com.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.