Today is Renaissance Hotel’s second annual Global Day of Discovery. I’m in Kenya’s Masai Mara and boy is there a lot to discover! If you’ve never been on a game drive before, it’s difficult to explain just how thrilling it is. It’s definitely one of the most amazing things to discover in the Masai Mara. I’m here on a Micato Safari in search of the Big Five (African buffalos, elephants, leopards, lions and rhinos) and so far, I’ve seen four out of the five. It’s incredible to drive across the sprawling African plains and see the animals cohabiting on the same land. Zebras, wildebeest and impalas graze the grasses of the savannah side by side in a picturesque scene that looks like it’s straight out of a National Geographic special.
To witness these animals, not in a zoo but in their natural habitat is honestly one of the coolest things I’ve ever seen. Stumbling upon a pride of lions – about 16 mamas and cubs, lazing about, play fighting and cuddling, is a sight I will never forget. Safaris are an incredible learning experience for kids and adults alike and this one has been one of the highlights of all my travels.
In recognition of Renaissance Hotel’s Global Day of Discover, 150 of their properties around the world will provide guests with either an RLife LIVE event (their signature entertainment platform that provides music on site for guests) or something centered around specialty food offerings, art, etc. Events include some of the following:
- Live performance and meet and greet with famed country music duo Montgomery Gentry at the Renaissance Nashville Hotel
- World famous DJ Chuckie, will launch the first solar DJ booth and staging worldwide at the Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
- Austrian Funk band Hot Pants Road Club will perform at the Imperial Riding School Renaissance Vienna Hotel
- Discover Pet Adopt-a-thon event in partnership with the North Shore Animal League at the Renaissance New York Times Square Hotel
What did you discover in YOUR favorite city today? #RDiscovery
Note: This post was sponsored by Renaissance Hotels
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.