First off, happy MLK Day! In the spirit of the holiday, which is a national day of service and “a day on, not a day off,” I suggest checking out this website, where you can read up and find service opportunities near you.
It’s restaurant week in Los Angeles
Today (January 20) is also the first Monday that’s part of restaurant week in Los Angeles, officially called dineL.A. Restaurant Week. Since I live in L.A. myself (see my story on my neighborhood here) and so many of my readers are from SoCal or pass through it often, I thought I’d share the details.
The “week,” in this case, spans 15 days: January 17-31. Until the end of the month, there are some really great deals to be had, with special lunch and dinner menus available at more 400+ restaurants. To take advantage, you generally just need to make a reservation (though some places take walk-ins). It’s a great excuse to try a new restaurant and/or explore the city. You can look through the options and see more details on this page. In this story, meanwhile, you can check out 12 of the best deals as determined by Eater.
It’s restaurant week in other California cities this month, too
It’s not a coincidence that restaurant week in Los Angeles falls in January. In fact, January is California Restaurant Month, and a number of other CA cities are or will soon be offering their own restaurant weeks. Restaurant week in San Francisco, for example, is January 22-31. San Diego’s restaurant week started yesterday (January 19) and runs until January 31, as well. If you’ll be in California coming up, make sure to search the city + “restaurant week” to see what turns up. Alternately, you can look over a list of cities and their restaurant week dates here.
Have your own tip? Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Want to see more tips? Click here for all 1,622!
Want even more travel tips? Sign up here for the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! Enter your email address and check “Daily Travel Tip” to receive Johnny’s best tips in your inbox each day!
If you already subscribe to our weekly newsletter, you can sign up on the same page. Just fill in your email and check “Daily Travel Tip” on the same page. You’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.