Each Friday, we feature a reader-inspired tip as our Travel Tip of the Day. This week’s tip comes from reader Toni P., who weighed in on this recent post on what to wear to stay safe while flying with a few suggestions:
“As a retired dentist, I am well versed in infection control and would like to make further suggestions regarding what to wear while flying. I, too, would wear a mask and face shield but would instead of the jumpsuit, just wear a long sleeve cuffed scrub jacket or long sleeve shirt over my regular clothes. I would also wear a scrub cap or scarf/bandana over my hair. The purpose of hair and clothes covering is to keep clothes underneath them clean until you arrive at your destination. When at destination, carefully remove hair cover and scrub jacket, fold inside out, take directly to laundry or place in dirty clothes bag, and immediately take a shower. This is what essential workers do every day and should minimize risks of contamination when flying.”
In general, the best advice is to avoid flying at all until things change for the better, but if you have to fly, wearing a layer that you can throw right into the laundry once you’re deplaned is definitely a smart idea. Thanks for the tip, Toni!
Have your own tip? Email it to email@example.com!
Want to see more tips? Click here for all 1,779!
Want even more travel tips? Sign up here for the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! Enter your email address and check “Daily Travel Tip” to receive Johnny’s best tips in your inbox each day!
If you already subscribe to our weekly newsletter, you can sign up on the same page. Just fill in your email and check “Daily Travel Tip” on the same page. You’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.