Surely you’ve had a negative experience at an airport—but have you ever had an experience in which an airport employee went above and beyond for you? I know I have. At LAX, you can now pay those experiences forward.
The new Gold Star program will, according to the press release, “allow travelers, guests, and fellow colleagues to recognize LAX employees who provide great service or go above and beyond in their work. No matter their company or job at LAX, guests can now easily acknowledge employees who they believe deserve special recognition, through an easy to access electronic form or simply filling out a comment card.”
Employees that earn recognition through the program will be eligible for certificates, appreciation from supervisors, and prizes. How’s it work? Again, from the press release: “Guests and fellow colleagues can recognize exceptional employees in minutes by visiting FLYLAX.com/STARS and completing a brief comment form, or by texting STAR to 52948. It’s as easy as a click of a button, a few kind words, and tapping Submit.”
It’s a great idea if you ask me. If you’re able to try it, let us know in the comments below!
- Where to Find Each Airline at LAX
- Good News, LAX Flyers: Shared Ride Drivers Can Now Rematch With Passengers
- Manhattan Beach: The Perfect LAX layover
Have your own tip? Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Want to see more tips? Click here for all 1,154!
Want even more travel tips? Sign up here for the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! Just fill in your email address and check the Daily Travel Tip box—and you’ll have Johnny’s best tips, straight to your inbox each day!
If you already subscribe to our weekly newsletter, you can sign up on the same page. Just fill in your email and check the Daily Travel Tip box on the same page and you’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.