Today’s travel tip is something most people who live in large cities know but it’s a good reminder for everyone. Last night, I read an article about how Nathan Apodaca, AKA, Doggface, the skateboarder who went viral with his video of him skateboarding to Fleetwood Mac’s song Dreams. He and his family had two rental cars broken into in the San Francisco Bay Area. This is common practice in San Francisco and has been for years but it also happens in most tourist destinations. Nathan made two big mistakes and they were:
- He left something of value in his car. Don’t ever do it in cities or tourist destinations or pretty much anywhere in the USA. And don’t think exclusive wealthy areas are safe. My cousin’s son left his iPhone in the car while surfing in Palos Verdes and someone broke the window and grabbed it and more.
- If you do have to leave something of value do not leave it in plain sight. That’s almost guaranteed to get your car window smashed.
I will have another tip on this topic tomorrow.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.