I grew up with dogs but I haven’t had one in my adult life. I travel way too much, and I always hear horror stories from my friends either about the kennels they drop their dogs off at or the bills when they check out. They also claim it’s difficult to find local pet-sitters.
Well, thanks to Rover—the number-one-rated pet-sitting and dog-walking app—it doesn’t have to be that difficult or expensive. Just input your zip code to find willing people looking to help and for a side job. They have over 100,000 pet-sitters and dog-walkers in the U.S. and Canada. Depending on where you live, prices seem to range from $15 a night to $50.
The reason this app is so popular is that Rover doesn’t just take anyone in. In fact, they claim they accept less than 20% of potential sitters. All new sitters have to pass a basic background check and provide a detailed profile and personal information to be approved by Rover’s team of sitter specialists.
Every service booked on Rover is backed by premium insurance, 24/7 support and a reservation guarantee. Through their app (iOS and Android), you can get adorable photo updates, GPS tracking of your dog’s walk, pee/poo and food/water alerts, an easy way to message sitters or manage your business, and a secure way to book and pay. One user named Corinna F. wrote: “My Rover sitter sent me updates throughout the day and took care of my dog as if she were her own.”
Have you used Rover? Let us know what you think about it in the comments below!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.