According to recent analysis conducted by Gogo, when it comes to staying connected at 30,000 feet, San Francisco International Airport ranks first in the U.S.
Gogo, the leader of in-flight connectivity, took a look at the number of people who chose to connect in air using Gogo’s Wi-Fi service to determine the top ten most connected and least connected air travelers by U.S. airports. The rankings were compiled by taking the number of passengers who used the service and calculating it as a percentage of the total amount of passengers who actually board an aircraft with Gogo Wi-Fi.
While San Francisco International Airport ranked first, it was followed closely by John F. Kennedy Airport, John Wayne Airport (Orange County, Cal.), and Los Angeles International Airport.
Pensacola International Airport walks away with the dubious distinction of being the airport with the least connected air travelers. Other airports that made the bottom ten list included Buffalo Niagara International Airport, Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport and Charleston International Airport.
For a complete list of the top and bottom ten see the infographic below.
Note: To make the list, an airport had to have a minimum of 500,000 passengers board a Gogo connected aircraft and had to be located in the continental U.S. The data was compiled using passenger usage rates over a 12 month period.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.