I have over 600 photos in the first couple days of my trip! The selection below has been carefully edited for your viewing pleasure to give you just a taste of how just one place, can have so much variety. Saruni Samburu is:
– a luxurious tented lodge.
– with delicious Italian food, the owner Riccardo hails from Italy, served by Sebastian (he will always claim it’s squirrel– it’s not, it’s pasta).
– surrounded by some of the most ruggedly beautiful settings.
– with five species that can only be found in Eastern Africa (pictures are all below).
BUT…what makes it truly unique is the dedication to the local community, through employment, co-operatives and renting the land from the people.
Including driver and guide LEPAYON who managed to hold his calm when the elephants decided we had gotten a bit too close (below).
THE UNIQUE FIVE YOU WON’T FIND ON SAFARIS OUTSIDE OF NORTHERN KENYA/EASTERN AFRICA:
1. Beisa Oryx
AND WHO JUST DOESN’T GET EXCITED ABOUT THESE GUYS?
The lioness patiently waiting to feed her two cubs. She was hunting alone and ended up feasting on a baboon
Baboon, and no, not the same one that the lioness above ate
ELEPHANTS! These guys are everywhere
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.