Want to take your kids to Europe this winter (or know someone that does)? As written up by Summer Hull of TPG, Scandinavian Airlines (aka SAS) has reintroduced its popular Travelers Start Young promotion, with which children aged 2-11 can fly to any SAS destination (mostly European) for only the cost of the taxes and fees. The deal applies to travel in November (November 1-December 1) of this year and between January 8 and March 25 of 2020. Booking, meanwhile, must be completed by September 27 (next Friday).
Up to eight children are eligible for the $0 base fare as long as one or more adults is on the reservation. And the taxes and fees owed per passenger can be fairly low. “Prices for round-trip economy tickets from the U.S. to eligible destinations start at around $500 – $600 for adults,” writes TPG, “with children tacking on about $50 to $70 in taxes/fees per ticket. As an example, you can fly one adult and five children from Newark (EWR) to Copenhagen (CPH) for just $864 in economy — that breaks down to $144 per person.”
It’s a great deal if you’ve got kids and travel ambitions.
How to take advantage of this SAS promotion
On the SAS website, you can explore destinations, fares and dates on this page. Note that the promotion ends on Friday, September 27 (I’m assuming 11:59pm ET, but that’s not clear).
Have your own tip? Email it to email@example.com!
Want to see more tips? Click here for all 1,540!
Want even more travel tips? Sign up here for the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! Enter your email address and check “Daily Travel Tip” to receive Johnny’s best tips in your inbox each day!
If you already subscribe to our weekly newsletter, you can sign up on the same page. Just fill in your email and check “Daily Travel Tip” on the same page. You’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.