Be like Chico and send your pet on a jet, first class-style!
American Airlines just wrapped up a super cute photo shoot at LAX showing off its new and exclusive first class pet cabins. Travelers can find these new pet cabins aboard the A321T for flights from LAX and SFO to JFK. The adorable Chico, the pet of an American Airlines employee, has racked up some frequent flier miles of his own and in the photos, kindly models the compartment aboard the A321T.
First class passengers can reserve their furry friends a spot by providing proper documentation from the vet. American Airlines says the pet must also be at least eight-weeks-old, the pet must be fed and offered water within four hours of its arrival on the airplane, and the owner needs to have instructions on feeding and watering for a 24-hour period. Additionally, the pet must be visibly attached to the outside of the kennel and be able to stand up, turn around and lie down in a natural position in the kennel. (They can be a maximum of 19 in x 13 in x 9 in.) Before you pack up your pet, check out all the details here.
The pet cabins are located within the first two seats up front of American’s A321T first class cabin. The cabins to keep your pet have a door with ventilation to hold the pet kennel for takeoff and landing. A carry-on pet is an additional $125 per kennel.
As always, first class passengers can take advantage of additional amenities like the Admirals Club, private check-in, expedited TSA check-in, gate escort and car service are available.
Photos courtesy of American Airlines
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.