Good news for all of those that want to see traffic reduced at LAX: Uber and Lyft are now authorized to use a “Rematch” functionality for drivers picking up or dropping off at LAX.
That may not sound like a big deal, but it is. It means that when shared-ride drivers (like Uber and Lyft drivers) drop off passengers at an airport terminal at LAX, they can immediately pick up new passengers without having to make an entire loop. Previously, drivers had to loop around the airport’s Central Terminal Area before picking up another passenger, only adding to the congestion. So, the authorization not only increases the number of people that can be picked up quickly but also should help with traffic in the famous LAX circuit loop.
“For the past month, Lyft and Uber have been fine-tuning Rematch ahead of the Labor Day weekend to ensure that our guests have the best experience they can in their travels to and from LAX, and we’re encouraged by the initial results,” said Keith Wilschetz, LAWA Deputy Executive Director for Operations and Emergency Management.
There’s no need for passengers to do anything different on their Uber or Lyft app. If you want a ride home, as in the past, you should just request a ride the same you always do—and hopefully you’ll get home more quickly! Let’s be honest: It’s not the best news for taxi drivers, but we will take the least amount of traffic congestion we can get at LAX.
Do you think this new rule will help LAX congestion? Let us know your thoughts in the comments!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.