Singapore Airlines (SIA) just announced that they are launching non-stop flights from San Francisco, Los Angeles and New York to Singapore. This is no doubt in retaliation to United stepping on their turf after they began flying non-stop San Francisco to Singapore last week.
Singapore’s SFO flight will start on October 23, 2016 and will be on an A350-900 aircraft. The plane will be configured with 253 seats in three classes: 42 in Business, 24 in Premium Economy and 187 in Economy Class. SIA will continue to operate existing daily B777-300ER flights from San Francisco to Hong Kong, with continuing service to Singapore. Flying time for the new San Francisco-Singapore service will be between 14:35hrs and 17:45hrs depending on direction and time of year, over a journey of around 8,451 miles.
Also starting in October 2016, SIA will offer two daily flights from Los Angeles to Singapore. They will add a daily LAX-Seoul-Singapore route to complement the existing, daily LAX-Tokyo-Singapore flight. All Singapore Airlines flights from Los Angeles will be on a Boeing 777-300ER aircraft and will offer SIA’s newest, next-generation cabin product in Economy, Premium Economy and Business Class cabins, as well as an updated First Class.
In 2018, SIA will launch Los Angeles and New York in a A350-900ULR.
I was on SIA’s Singapore to Newark inaugural flight on June 24th, 2004 (here are the pics) but they ended it a few years ago. I also flew around the world on Singapore Airlines A380 (JFK-FRA-SIN-NRT-LAX) in 2012 and LOVED it!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.