Sonoma County, California is more than just a great region for wine and beautiful vineyards in the countryside as far as the eye can see. I just returned from traveling all over Sonoma with my boyfriend. I couldn’t believe how many activities there were for us beyond sampling great wine; it’s a diverse region immersed in agriculture and the environment. The area gives a new meaning to farm-to-table, as you’ll find yourself having dinner just a few feet from where the food on your plate once grew.
It’s meeting (and actually talking with) the young, up-and-coming chef or winemaker. It’s fine dining in Michelin-starred restaurants or taking in the scenery dining in a glass-enclosed patio overlooking a vineyard. It’s waking up in the morning to experience the finest luxury with a cozy farmhouse flair. It’s outdoor adventures in the redwoods or on the Russian River. It’s going off the grid to understand sustainable agriculture by visiting family-owned small farms. It’s seeing how cheese is made at the creamery that produces all of Chipotle’s cheese (in the Western Hemisphere). Or taking the Sonoma Cheese Trail (yes, this is a thing!) to meet interesting people and learn everything you wanted to know about the cheese-making process.
The lists linked below are tested and approved not only by me, but by my loving boyfriend who before this trip only loved beer, as well. Looks like we have a new place to frequent close enough to LA (with direct flights into Santa Rosa)!
Here’s the rundown of what you need to eat, drink and do—plus where to stay—in Sonoma County, CA:
- Where & what to eat: Sonoma County, CA
- What to drink: Sonoma County, CA
- What to explore: Sonoma County, CA
- Where to stay: Sonoma County, CA
Photos courtesy of Caitlin Martin/Spencer Marker.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.