If you’re planning to fly Southwest Airlines (SWA), then there are two great ways to save some money:
2: SWA just launched a huge winter travel sale with fares as low as $39 one-way. If you receive my daily travel tip, then you know they’re matching United’s now-expired $39 sale from yesterday.
However, instead of just a 24-hour sale, Southwest’s is for three days. Customers can book travel across the continental U.S., between the continental U.S. and Hawaii, within Hawaii on interisland service, and to international destinations between Dec. 1, 2021, and Dec. 15, 2021, and from Jan. 5, 2022, through March 9, 2022; and to San Juan, Puerto Rico for travel between Dec. 1, 2021, and Dec. 9, 2021, and from Jan. 10, 2022, through March 9, 2022. Visit Southwest.com to view fares as well as terms and conditions.
Examples of one-way, low-fare** winter getaways on Southwest.com include:
- As low as $39 one-way nonstop between Honolulu and Maui,
- As low as $39 one-way nonstop between Los Angeles and Las Vegas,
- As low as $39 one-way nonstop between Atlanta and Nashville,
- As low as $39 one-way nonstop between Oakland, Calif. and Reno/Tahoe,
- As low as $69 one-way nonstop between Dallas (Love Field) and Denver,
- As low as $69 one-way nonstop between Las Vegas and Bozeman/Yellowstone, and
- As low as $79 one-way nonstop between Pittsburgh and Fort Lauderdale.
SOUTHWEST AIRLINES SALE FARE RULES
A 21-day advance purchase is required. Purchase today, Nov. 9, 2021, through Nov. 11, 2021, 11:59 p.m. Central Standard Time. Continental U.S., continental U.S. to/from Hawaii, and interisland Hawaii travel is valid Dec. 1, 2021, through Dec. 15, 2021, and Jan. 5, 2022, through March 9, 2022.
Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico is valid Dec. 1, 2022, through Dec. 9, 2021, and Jan. 10, 2022, through March 9, 2022. International travel valid Dec. 1, 2022, through Dec. 15, 2021, and Jan. 5, 2022, through March 9, 2022.
Continental U.S. to Hawaii travel is blacked out Feb. 17, 2022, through Feb. 20, 2022. Continental U.S. from Hawaii travel is blacked out Feb. 25, 2022, through Feb. 27, 2022. Except as otherwise specified, travel is valid only on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
Fares valid on nonstop service where indicated; if not indicated, fares are valid on single connecting service. Displayed prices include all U.S. and international government taxes and fees. Rapid Rewards® points bookings do not include taxes, fees, and other government/airport charges of at least $5.60 per one-way flight. Seats and days are limited.
Fares may vary by destination, flight, and day of the week and won’t be available on some flights that operate during very busy travel times and holiday periods. Travel is available for one-way Wanna Get Away® fares. Fares may be combined with other Southwest Airlines combinable fares. If combining with other fares, the most restrictive fare rules apply.
Sale fares may be available on other days of the week, but that’s not guaranteed.
Fares are nonrefundable, but may be applied toward future travel on Southwest Airlines, as long as reservations are canceled at least 10 minutes prior to the scheduled departure. Failure to cancel prior to departure will result in forfeiture of the remaining funds on the reservation. Any change in itinerary may result in an increase in fare. Standby travel may require an upgrade to the Anytime fare depending on Rapid Rewards tier status. Fares are subject to change until ticketed. The offer applies only to published, scheduled service.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.