With the FAA’s grounding of the 737 MAX, many travelers have seen their spring travel plans affected via canceled flights, etc. Southwest has so far responded with, among other things, a 737 MAX 8 FAQ and a generous rebooking policy, which per Dan’s Deals applies to all Southwest flights:
“Southwest currently has an insanely generous systemwide change policy for all March flights. You can change any flight booked for travel in March to another flight within 14 days for free. Southwest never charges change fees, but currently they will also waive the fare difference. Best of all you can make the changes online and this policy applies to paid flights and award flights.”
It’s not clear how long this iteration of the rebooking policy will last (hopefully people don’t abuse it), but if you’re booked with Southwest this month (or even next), you may as well check to see if you can change to a new flight (it has to be within two weeks of the flight you have booked). See the full Dan’s Deals post for a step-by-step guide to how it works.
Have your own tip? Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Want to see more tips? Click here for all 1,407!
Want even more travel tips? Sign up here for the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! Just fill in your email address and check the Daily Travel Tip box—and you’ll have Johnny’s best tips, straight to your inbox each day!
If you already subscribe to our weekly newsletter, you can sign up on the same page. Just fill in your email and check the Daily Travel Tip box on the same page and you’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.