I’m a dog lover, but I still can’t understand why a traveler would pretend their Fido is a service dog when it’s really not. Did you know that airlines can only accommodate a certain number of animals? That means that people traveling with legitimate service dogs might be bumped from their flights when that happens. If that’s not bad enough: Fake service dogs that are aggressive or growl can throw off a real service animal’s training to the point that it no longer can do its tasks because it feels threatened. And this can happen.
According to Deb Davis, a community outreach manager for Paws with a Cause of Wayland in an interview with USA Today, “it’s easy to spot the impostor service dogs: those carried in a purse, or those that growl, bark or act aggressively.” The whole article is eye-opening, as it gets into how to spot a phony service animal and how the airlines are responding to the practice. Check it out here.
Tried this tip? Let me know in the comments!
Have your own tip? Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Want to see more tips? Click here for all 862!
Want even more travel tips? Sign up here for the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! Just fill in your email address and check the Daily Travel Tip box—and you’ll have Johnny’s best tips, straight to your inbox each day!
If you already subscribe to our weekly newsletter, you can sign up on the same page. Just fill in your email and check the Daily Travel Tip box on the same page and you’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.