Lightweight and compact
Many strollers and infant carriers can be quite heavy so this is the first thing I look for: weight and ease of carrying it. I don’t always have two hands free to pull the stroller out of the car so with two kids, it’s essential that the stroller be lightweight and easy to open and close (especially during the post-partum period when you can’t lift anything heavy). The Maxi-Cosi Zelia Max is lightweight and easy to manage, especially compared to the stroller we used for our first child. I couldn’t believe the difference. It makes outings much more manageable. In addition, the Mico Max 30 Infant Car Seat doesn’t add a lot of bulk and it is easy to snap onto the stroller base; not all car seats are so easily attached and removed from the stroller base. The car seat is pretty lightweight too (9 pounds without the base). Our newborn looks quite snug and comfy in there!
The stroller base folds down easily to be pretty compact. It doesn’t take up as much room in the trunk as the one I had for my son, which I like. This means that there’s actually room for the stroller and the groceries! The stroller I used for my son was much bigger and bulkier so I like that this one is streamlined.
Safety and configuration
The car seat was fairly easy to install in our car. It can be used for babies as small as 4 lbs, which is good since our little one was pretty tiny when we brought her home from the hospital. (The maximum weight is 30 lbs although I can’t see any 30-pound child fitting in it.) The handle is contoured, which makes it easy to carry, whether in your hand or on your arm and the infant insert ensures that baby is safely and securely positioned in the car seat. I also really like the look of it. Obviously, this isn’t nearly as important as its safety features but it doesn’t hurt.
The stroller, which has a maximum weight of 50 lbs, can be configured five different ways, so you can choose the seating and view that’s best for your baby at any given time; carriage mode is for babies and easily converts into a toddler seat as your child grows. Both configurations can be either parent-facing or world-facing.
The stroller is easy to maneuver and is a pretty smooth ride on pavement. The wheels are made of plastic, so use extra caution if using it on rough terrain. I also like that the stroller handle is adjustable, so my husband and I can both set it to our own individual heights.
Stylish and spacious
I always need a place to stash stuff (diapers and wipes and snacks and extra clothes and toys … ) so the bottom basket in the stroller is really useful. Some strollers just don’t have enough space and it can be frustrating. The storage basket on this stroller is a decent size and I haven’t found the size to be much of an issue.
Since our baby is still a newborn, I mostly use the stroller configured with the car seat. As I mentioned above, the car seat attaches easily to the stroller base but I wish that the canopy extended further. I’m extremely careful with the baby and sun exposure on her delicate skin and the canopy doesn’t shade her completely. To be extra safe, I use a Milk Snob car seat cover, which doubles as a handy coverup for breastfeeding.
Overall, I really like the Maxi-Cosi Zelia Max 5-in-1 Modular Travel System. It offers a lot of features that are important to me. It’s a great stroller-car seat combo that works hard and looks good.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.