It’s often said that travel broadens the mind, but is it true?
Of course it’s true says anyone who’s ever traveled—and according to a recent study by the US Travel Association, the facts say the same.
The results of the study, released in a report entitled “Travel Improves Educational Attainment & Future Success,” revealed that educationally focused trips—think educational tours a la EF Tours or semesters abroad in college—yield very tangible benefits for the 12- to 18-year-olds who take them.
Among the findings:
- Adults who took learning-focused trips between the ages of 12 and 18 had higher incomes, and achieved higher grades than those who did not travel
- Adults who traveled were more likely to graduate from high school than those who did not travel and 63 percent of that group went on to graduate from college
- Students who took educational trips had higher grades
- Students who traveled more likely to graduate and seek higher learning
- Adults who traveled saw benefits in their careers later in life
- Travel added to context and depth of classroom discussions
The report also found that educational travel was not perceived as boring—so go, kids, and see the world!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.