It’s often said that travel broadens the mind, but is it true?
Of course it’s true says anyone who’s ever traveled—and according to a recent study by the US Travel Association, the facts say the same.
The results of the study, released in a report entitled “Travel Improves Educational Attainment & Future Success,” revealed that educationally focused trips—think educational tours a la EF Tours or semesters abroad in college—yield very tangible benefits for the 12- to 18-year-olds who take them.
Among the findings:
- Adults who took learning-focused trips between the ages of 12 and 18 had higher incomes, and achieved higher grades than those who did not travel
- Adults who traveled were more likely to graduate from high school than those who did not travel and 63 percent of that group went on to graduate from college
- Students who took educational trips had higher grades
- Students who traveled more likely to graduate and seek higher learning
- Adults who traveled saw benefits in their careers later in life
- Travel added to context and depth of classroom discussions
The report also found that educational travel was not perceived as boring—so go, kids, and see the world!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.