A couple of weeks ago, I was at the beach with my family. My son just loves the beach – it’s his favorite place to be. He loves digging in the sand with his shovel, filling his bucket with water and making sand castles. On this particular day, we walked down to the shore and spotted a couple of dads with young kids playing with a toy I’d never seen before. It was a plastic surfer on a little surfboard and I overheard the little girl say, “Daddy, can you throw the surfer boomerang really far?”
Surfer boomerang? My curiosity was piqued. Was he going to throw it in the air like a traditional boomerang? Or was he just going to throw the toy into the waves, even though neither he nor the kids were in bathing suits, and hope for the best? I was intrigued and hoped the toy wasn’t going to be gone forever.
RELATED: Best Travel Credit Cards of 2020
Well, sure enough, the father tossed the surfer boomerang into the waves (it’s not recommended for waves over three feet) and the toy turned right side up and the surfer dude rode the wave in.
I have to say, it was awesome. Jack loved it and said, “Daddy, I want a surfer boomerang!” The friendly guy heard him and handed it to Jack to give it a try. After one toss of the Surfer Dude (the toy’s official name), my son was hooked. He seriously would not stop asking for one and he’s never done that before.
I looked up at my wife and saw her tapping on her phone, which meant she was either making a note or ordering one, since Jack’s birthday was the following week. But let’s be honest: Even if it wasn’t my son’s birthday, after I saw that little Surfer Dude in action, I knew I’d be getting one. Either for Jack or for myself.
We went down to the beach last night to play with it and I took some video (see below) and pictures of it in action. It just takes a minute to assemble (my wife did it in the car on the way to the beach) and I’m happy to report, no tools or Master’s degrees are required.
After throwing it in the water, a group of teenage kids walked by and with huge smiles, yelled, “That’s so cool!” It really is. The Surfer Dude rode those waves like a pro. It righted itself every single time and came right back to us. It was so much fun.
The Surfer Dude is only $19.99 and I’m predicting that it’s going to be one of the hottest Christmas gifts of 2020. It’s the perfect toy for the beach and will not only entertain kids but adults (and strangers), too!
Surfer Dudes comes in a variety of fun colors and you can choose a surfer dude or a surfer gal It’s 2.1 x 4.4 x 11.8 inches and weighs just 7 ounces. Recommended for 3 years and up. Always make sure your child is supervised and knows not to run into the water after it. Buy Surfer Dude here.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.