Raise your hand if you have at least one old lock in your closest or basement that you don’t use anymore because you can’t remember the combination or find the key. Both my hands are raised, too. That’s precisely why I love a new smart lock called the Tapplock one. It’s given the traditional padlock a futuristic makeover with a fingerprint scanner.
The Tapplock one, the world’s first smart fingerprint padlock, can unlock in 0.8 seconds with no effort. That’s compared to a traditional combination lock that can take up to 15 seconds, or several minutes if the combination is forgotten, to open.
The Tapplock one features a state-of-the-art capacitive fingerprint sensor, which has an adaptive algorithm that allows the lock to become faster and more accurate with each use. On top of that it can store up to 500 fingerprints to allow multiple users to access the lock. And lock owners can use the Tapplock app to track who opened the lock and when or to grant mobile access via a remote unlock feature.
The Tapplock one is made from Zamak 3 zinc alloy metal and features a cut-resistant 7mm reinforced stainless steel shackle, strengthened by double-layered lock design with anti-shim and anti-pry technologies. The smart padlock is rated IP66, meaning it’s water resistant when the lock is closed and fully functional between 14º and 140º Fahrenheit. The Tapplock one’s battery lasts up to a year with a single two-hour charge, which equates to around 3,000 unlocks per charge. Users can check the remaining power using the Tapplock app.
The Tapplock one comes in three colors: sterling silver, gun metal and midnight black. It’s priced at $99 for a single lock, with bundles available starting at $179 for two. Grab one (or more) at tapplock.com.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.