Raise your hand if you have at least one old lock in your closest or basement that you don’t use anymore because you can’t remember the combination or find the key. Both my hands are raised, too. That’s precisely why I love a new smart lock called the Tapplock one. It’s given the traditional padlock a futuristic makeover with a fingerprint scanner.
The Tapplock one, the world’s first smart fingerprint padlock, can unlock in 0.8 seconds with no effort. That’s compared to a traditional combination lock that can take up to 15 seconds, or several minutes if the combination is forgotten, to open.
The Tapplock one features a state-of-the-art capacitive fingerprint sensor, which has an adaptive algorithm that allows the lock to become faster and more accurate with each use. On top of that it can store up to 500 fingerprints to allow multiple users to access the lock. And lock owners can use the Tapplock app to track who opened the lock and when or to grant mobile access via a remote unlock feature.
The Tapplock one is made from Zamak 3 zinc alloy metal and features a cut-resistant 7mm reinforced stainless steel shackle, strengthened by double-layered lock design with anti-shim and anti-pry technologies. The smart padlock is rated IP66, meaning it’s water resistant when the lock is closed and fully functional between 14º and 140º Fahrenheit. The Tapplock one’s battery lasts up to a year with a single two-hour charge, which equates to around 3,000 unlocks per charge. Users can check the remaining power using the Tapplock app.
The Tapplock one comes in three colors: sterling silver, gun metal and midnight black. It’s priced at $99 for a single lock, with bundles available starting at $179 for two. Grab one (or more) at tapplock.com.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.